It's Almost Tornado Season
We may still have freezing weather but soon enough it will be Spring. With Spring, comes tornadoes and other strong storms. Tornadoes can destroy well-made structures, uproot trees and send objects through the air like deadly missiles and they can happen anywhere.
Here are some tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Identify a save place in your home where family and pets will gather during a tornado: a basement, storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows.
- In a high rise building, if you don't have have enough time to go to the lowest floor, pick a hallway in the center of the building.
- In a mobile home, choose a safe place in a nearby sturdy building. If your mobile home park has a designated shelter, make it your safe place. No mobile home is safe in a tornado.
Know the difference between a Tornado Watch & Warning:
- Watch means a tornado is possible.
- Warning: means a tornado is already occurring or will occur soon. GO TO YOUR SAFE PLACE IMMEDIATELY.
Always remember to play it safe and we are always here, if you need us. SERVPRO of Western Lake County(219) 922-9300