Archived Blog Posts
Why Clean Air Ducts? Because they are DIRTY!
Breathe easy with SERVPRO of Western Lake County.
It's true. Even if you are the cleanest of clean, your air ducts still collect dirt and debris. In addition to normal accumulation of dust and dirt, our homes also collect pet hair, smoke from cigarettes or cigars, and any materials from home renovation.
Some people are more sensitive to these contaminants, especially those with allergies or asthma.
SERVPRO of Western Lake County belongs to the NADCA, or the National Air Duct Cleaning Association. This is a pretty big deal - not many have this special accreditation. They offer continuing education and certification.
Some of the benefits of getting your air ducts clean include:
1. Indoor Air Quality: Thing about it. You are breathing in everything that is recirculating in your home. Through our normal day-to-day, we generate a lot of contaminants and air pollutants, such as dander, dust, and chemicals. These are pulled into your HVAC system and recirculated 5 - 7 times each day!
2. Energy Savings: According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40% of energy used to heat or cool our homes is wasted. Add contaminants, and it makes your system work even harder.
So, get your ducts cleaned by SERVPRO of Western Lake County, and breathe easy. Call (219) 922-9300 today.
Smoke or Soot Damage in Northwest Indiana
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home. Talk about stinky!
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate every nook and cranny in your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise allows us to inspect and assess the extent of the damage to develop a plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each situation is a little different, a unique solution is tailored for your specific conditions. We have the equipment and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – (219) 922-9300.
Squeaky Clean? Absolutely!
Before & After Ultrasonic Cleaning
Why, this cleaner is auto-matic. It’s system-matic. Its hyyyyydro-matic. Why, it’s our omegasonic - ultrasonic cleaner!
If your home or business is damaged by fire, you want your valuables to be restored. As if it never happened! At SERVPRO of Western Lake County, we use the latest technology to ensure your items are sparkling clean. Maybe even cleaner than before the fire :)
Our ultrasonic cleaner uses cavitation bubbles to gently clean dirt and grime in the tiniest crevices. We use a water-based solution, which allows us to clean more parts more effectively without hand scrubbing or exposing your home or business to toxic chemicals. It's also great for cleaning non-fire damaged window blinds.
If you've had fire damage, call SERVPRO of Western Lake County today. We're open 24/7. Call us at (219) 922-9300.
Does Your Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Northwest Indiana, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours. Yikes!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere! Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural level. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (219) 922-9300.
Why you should work with an IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm!
SERVPRO of Western Lake County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. I
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
About SERVPRO of Western Lake County
SERVPRO of Western Lake County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. In fact, both owners are IICRC certified as Master Water Restorers! Very rare indeed. This is what sets SERVPRO of Western Lake County apart. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Dyer & Schererville 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Western Lake County is located in Griffith, IN and provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Dyer, Schererville, Griffith, Highland, and Munster.
SERVPRO of Western Lake County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (219) 922-9300
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Western Lake County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Western Lake County
SERVPRO of Western Lake County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Prepping for Fall
With the cold weather coming at us, now is the time to have your furnaces cleaned and checked by a reputable HVAC company. Follow that up with an air duct cleaning by SERVPRO to rid your duct work of any allergens that might have gotten in to the system over the spring and summer. Having your ductwork cleaned may also save a little money on your heating bill. SERVPRO of Western Lake County is NADCA certified and can clean residential and commercial buildings. Breathe safely!
Onset of Spring
With the beginning of May comes the onset of storm season. Make sure your family has a storm plan in place and all members are aware of the plan. Be aware of weather alerts, and most importantly, Be Safe!
Air Duct Cleaning
With the coming of spring, now is a good time to contact us about having your air ducts cleaned!