Recent Storm Damage Posts
It's Almost Tornado Season
We may still have freezing weather but soon enough it will be Spring. With Spring, comes tornadoes and other strong storms. Tornadoes can destroy well-made structures, uproot trees and send objects through the air like deadly missiles and they can happen anywhere.
Here are some tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Identify a save place in your home where family and pets will gather during a tornado: a basement, storm cellar or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows.
- In a high rise building, if you don't have have enough time to go to the lowest floor, pick a hallway in the center of the building.
- In a mobile home, choose a safe place in a nearby sturdy building. If your mobile home park has a designated shelter, make it your safe place. No mobile home is safe in a tornado.
Know the difference between a Tornado Watch & Warning:
- Watch means a tornado is possible.
- Warning: means a tornado is already occurring or will occur soon. GO TO YOUR SAFE PLACE IMMEDIATELY.
Always remember to play it safe and we are always here, if you need us. SERVPRO of Western Lake County(219) 922-9300
Storm Damage Restoration
Spring is coming and that means the threat of severe thunderstorms in our area rises. SERVPRO of Western Lake County is here to assist in any storm damage your home or business may encounter.
Wind Damage Restoration
Storms and tornadoes can cause severe wind damage. Roof damage in this situation may range from a missing roof, to harsh winds, or rain shearing away asphalt tiles. Correcting roof damage may challenge homeowners after a disaster, since a roof leak may not appear obvious.
How can a roof leak and roof damage escape easy detection in this situation? Wind damage may loosen flashing, eventually causing another roof leak weeks after the storm. Even a subtle roof leak of this nature can produce damp, moldy conditions inside the home. Obtaining fast roof repair may prevent long term interior damage. A wind damage home restoration expert may assist clients in receiving comprehensive roof assessments and roof repair services when hurricane damage afflicts an area. Our expertise helps property owners address storm damage and roof damage more effectively.
Flooding And Recovery
Heavy rains can cause flooding. If the surrounding terrain cannot absorb ground water, runoff contributes to flood water. Flood pump failures contribute to basement flooding and contaminated ground water as well.
Flooding may disrupt municipal water systems. Experts need to assess ground water and evaluate the condition of pipes following flood damage. Hiring SERVPRO for flood restoration may allow you to begin your cleanup process even before water restoration occurs.
We are here to help 24/7 and are ready whenever a major storm hits our area!
SERVPRO Is Ready For Any Weather Emergency
After a storm damages your home or business you can feel lost and vulnerable. Luckily for you, restoring storm and fire damage is the cornerstone of our business. SERVPRO offers 24-hour emergency service meaning we can respond immediately and return your property to its pre-storm condition.
Our employees are trained in storm damage restoration. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques, progress monitoring and documentation. SERVPRO has over 1,700 Franchises across the U.S. That means that if a catastrophic storm strikes we can call in additional recourses.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
When you see the next weather report you can rest easy because SERVPRO is ready to make it “Like it never even happened.”
When Storms Hit, SERVPRO is ready!
Our trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Griffith, Schererville, Crown Point, Merrillville, Highland, Munster, Dyer.
SERVPRO ofWestern Lake County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (219) 922-9300.
Onset of Spring
With the beginning of May comes the onset of storm season. Make sure your family has a storm plan in place and all members are aware of the plan. Be aware of weather alerts, and most importantly, Be Safe!